Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery.
-Jane Austen

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Spy, Wizards, Wolves, and Austen!

Stuffed from several Thanksgiving meals, I come bearing good news!

January 12th marks the release of Lauren Willig's sixth installment in the 'Pink' series, The Betrayal of the Blood Lily!  The much anticipated (not just by me, I'm sure) novel takes us to India where the recently, albeit less than willingly, married Penelope will no doubt find all sorts of trouble to amuse herself with.  I adore Pen and cannot wait to see what she stirs up in Willig's realm of flowery spies!!!  Head over to her website for a glimpse at the first chapter.  I will even provide the link! http://www.laurenwillig.com/books/bloodlily.html#excerpt


In other news, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is out on DVD December 8th! I hear there is footage included in the special features that will give us a glimpse of the next movie!!!
Also, New Moon is finally out and was wonderful, expect a full review from either me or Letty in the near future!

And... Chuck is coming back earlier than March! Tune in January 10th on NBC for a two hour premiere! Yes, you heard me two glorious hours of TV's most underrated comedy and beloved spy couple, Charah (that's the trendy couple name of Chuck + Sarah for all those not in the know). It promises to be a spectacular event and I for one cannot wait!!!


So, until next time, get excited for Blood Lily, Potter, and Chuck! And in the mean time, I recommend watching The Jane Austen Book Club, which will undoubtedly have its own post in the very near future if it doesn't already. In the words of Bernadette (from the movie) "All Jane Austen, all the time. It's the perfect anecdote." (to what?) "To life!"
...Hen

0 comments:

Post a Comment